Oklahoma Humane Society
The Oklahoma Humane Society was founded in 2007. We work in close partnership with Oklahoma City Animal Welfare (OKC Animal Shelter) and other local shelters. Our primary focus is to eliminate the needless euthanasia of healthy, adoptable animals in Oklahoma City.
Our journey begins and ends with love. We love animals and believe that central Oklahoma will see a day when every healthy and adoptable pet finds a home.
Since our beginning in 2007, we have found homes for over 30,000 cats and dogs and fixed more than 135,000 pets.
The Oklahoma Humane Society exists to enrich the communities it serves by promoting the well-being of animals.
The Oklahoma Humane Society will make the compassionate and respectful treatment of animals a prevalent community value and the well-being of animals a community priority.
Oklahoma Humane Society’s Core Values
- We respect animal life and promote the good health of animals.
- We believe euthanizing healthy, adoptable animals is not acceptable.
- We believe education is the key to the humane treatment of animals.
- We believe that the human-animal bond enriches the entire community.
- We support a better understanding of animals and animal welfare.